The Mathews

The Mathews

Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Bang-up Day

Friday was off to a great start when some idiot hit me by Target on Center Dr. off of Alpine, and then he actually took off (not like Alpine wasn't busy and a ton of other people saw it happen)! To make matters worse I was supposed to be at MFM in twenty minutes. Clearly I have no control over anything anymore!

The baby decided to once again show us who was in charge as it sat breech AGAIN! So, no clear pictures of the baby's opening which I was hoping for. The baby is gaining weight (3 lbs. & 8 oz) and is at the 57%. Right now it is right on schedule with the due date of Aug. 27. The doctor said the baby's hydrocephalus looks good. A sac has also developed on the baby's back which is normal for babies with SB.

We sat through our first non-stress test - good thing it only monitors the baby's stress not mom's, and he/she passed with flying colors. It was moving all over the place.

On to MMPC - here the doctor said the baby's heartbeat was good (about 140). I also received no sympathy as the doctor and Tom hit it off by making fun of me :) Got to love it - that's okay I got my jabs in as well. They are trying to schedule our C-section for 39 weeks, but we have to wait and see if the neurosurgeon & plastic surgeon are available on that date.

Later I ended up at the police department to file an accident report from earlier in the day. I was pleased to find out that the guy actually called in to report the accident. Now we just have to wait for the insurance company to go after him for the deductible.

All in all, not a lot of new news, but that's okay. Baby's doing well and we are off for some much needed vacation.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea Dawn! Loved seeing you and Robby today!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new Blog!! :) We need to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete