The Mathews

The Mathews

Saturday, July 17, 2010

4 Weeks & 3 Days to Go

4 weeks & 3 days to go... unless the baby decides to come early! I've had contractions for the last 2 weeks, but none of the doctors seem to think this is that big of a deal. So, for now we just keep plugging away at projects. Robby's room is making progress; all we need is primer, paint, carpet, & assembly and we'll be all set. Meanwhile, the baby's room is packed full of everything else while we work on the spare bedroom. I wish I could do more; I'm not used to sitting back and getting winded by simply vacumming - I'll just blame it on the heat for now. Nothing like waiting to the last minute to do jobs you don't like huh?

This week I had 3 different doctors appointments. I wish I felt reassured or uplifted by them, but they basically made me depressed. I can't wait until the baby is actually here.

We met the other nuerosurgeron who is supposed to close the baby's back (first one is supposed to be on vacation when the baby is born). While he has a bit more persoanality than the first, he is that much more cocky (and we all know how well that goes over w/ me). Great - at least they are good at what they do though, and that is all that matters.

The other 2 checkups were routine, and so was our baby. Yup, it was still sitting BREECH - AGAIN! Ugh, talk about stubborn child (wouldn't know where it gets that from). While the postion of the child is fine, it simply means the doctors can't get good pictures of the baby's opening. They did confirm that our baby is in the 50 percentile of weight at 5 lbs. & 5 oz, and the ventricles in the baby's head have not increased (measuring about 10 - at the high side of normal). They were happy with the cerebellum (sp?) as well especially since the size of the opening is so large. The NST (non-stress test) came back great indicating that we indeed have a very active child - which could explain why I don't sleep much at night when combined w/ Robby's lack of sleep as well.

So while the results were consistent with the last ones, I guess the reality of having a child w/ SB is finally sitting in. Next week I have Robby's sleep consult, and I am so excited!! Maybe they will be able to find a magical cure that will help him sleep through the night. I will also be meeting w/ Mary Free Bed in hopes of speeding up the baby's wait time to get into the clinic for therapy once it is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment