The Mathews

The Mathews

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Rooooaaaarrrrrr & Meow!

Happy Halloween! Who knew a cat & dinosaur could be friends? Both boys had a fun-filled weekend at the Halloween mass at church & trick or treating w/ family. Robby's been busy "fixing" things and "harvesting" crops! I think we have seen every tractor, combine, and grain bin throughout all of Alpine & Marne. Here he's harvesting our squash collection! He definitely makes dad proud (my other farmer).
I hope we're on the road to recovery w/ Andy's ear infection - poor guy! His latest head ultrasound came back "great" as the neurosurgeon said (this after 1 1/2 hour wait - it is kind of satisfying that they know me enough in that office that when I walk in, they appologize for the wait before I even sit down. I actually asked his secretary if they overbook too often or does he just not know how to read a clock. While I explained it was "fine" again this time, I start back to work in two weeks & it will no longer be "fine" once I am taking time off to see him for less than 5 minutes). We'll see what happens in December.




Here's Andy making his mom proud. He has such good head control; he can now sit in the Bumbo seat for short periods of time. He likes to grab the rings on the tray. Tom swore we would throw this seat out after Robby flipped off a chair in it (go figure, my child that can't sit still for 30 seconds), but I'm glad we kept it! Andy loves sitting up! Andy's PT is going really well. He continues to kick both legs and rocks from side to side. Hopefully our lucky streak continues through Nov. Andy has another renal ultrasound and VCUG test (bladder & kidneys) done before Thanksgiving. While most kids w/ SB are unable to control their bladder & bowels, Andy might just prove them wrong - he has so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment